Technical executive responsible for the overall technology vision, product development, and service delivery of a midsized manufacturing company servicing the construction industry. Works directly with executive leadership to develop strategies to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Employs a broad scope of industry knowledge and dynamic acumen in administering a forward-thinking IT operation and vision.
• Increased end-user satisfaction by 50% in the first year with the engineered turnaround of technical performance and service levels from a siloed operation to a organizational business partner.
• Planned, organized, and executed the design and rollout of all necessary infrastructure for a new 150,000-square foot manufacturing facility.
• Piloted the strategic workforce development and delivery of a telecommuting policy with the capability of accommodating the entire workforce transitioning to a work from home requirement.
Directed the overall growth and success of IT programs and portfolios by nurturing relationships with existing customers and formulating new partnerships between ITS and business units within Strategic Initiatives (Admin and Finance) and WVU Research Corporation. Active in coordinating and leading strategy among cross-functional organizations and regional partners. Facilitated and served as a lead for project management and capacity planning, execution, and other initiatives which enabled collaboration with stakeholders by providing seamless customer service, partnership building, and bringing projects to a successful completion.
• Associate project manager on two-factor authentication and single sign-on (SSO) system integration project, accountable for the enrollment of 40,000+ end-users.
• Spearheaded development, implementation, and updating of standard operating procedures (SOP) related to the awarding of financial grants; including establishing an interface between Oracle Financials/Peoplesoft and Kuali Coeus, which triggered a 20% increase in staff productivity.
• Initiated and continuing efforts to develop an integrated plan uniting cross-functional groups of business partners and vendors to develop a solution for efficiently and effectively managing travel, immigration/visa processing, and international trade compliance.
Assisted the Director of IT in day-to-day operations of Business and Finance Technical Support, consisting of eighteen full-time and ten student employees, supporting the major units of Business and Finance (Auxiliary Services); including housing, dining, parking, health services, human resources, financial services, and athletics. Oversaw technical operations, support, and systems administration; managing projects and priorities, operational support times, and systems. Directed hardware, software, system, and data operations, including technical audits and assessments. Provided high-level input into the development of business processes, integrating technological workflow, and launching IT governance.
• Instituted License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology using a full-vehicle mounted camera system, while integrated into current parking management software. Total project cost was $280,000, with a return on investment actualized within six months.
• Designed and maintained many critical business systems including Blackboard Transact, Sequoia Quad Point and Lightspeed Point of Sale (POS). Integrated IrisID technology to incorporate eye-scanning biometric services into credentialed entry for dining facilities.
• Served on several committees responsible for guiding executive leadership on technical and business process recommendations during the planning phases of university consolidation.
Maintained the Information Systems infrastructure for a multimillion-dollar manufacturing facility operating in an AS/400 and SAP ERP environment. Along with system and end-user administration, responsibilities included asset control, developing and operating within budget, vendor negotiating, and providing pivotal technical support, management, and training. Designed, managed and executed strategic Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Information (RFI), and Request for Proposal (RFP) activities in coordination with procurement and vendors.
• Orchestrated business transformation program to an on-time and under-budget completion for implementing SAP/ERP (Nestle Globe) at a multimillion-dollar manufacturing facility.
• Championed improvements to the change management process; designing and delivering a procedure which decreased Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) downtime by 60%.
• Managed personnel and operations of technical staff; represented management on grievance, contract writing, and negotiations committees.
Accountable for providing supervision, training, and coaching to a team of six technical analysts delivering administrative systems support in a Windows system and server environment to a broad end-user base in the legal environment of 2,500+ attorneys and staff in twenty-five offices worldwide. Organized the ten-member companywide training committee, developed training materials and oversaw technical instruction. Managed the technical knowledge base to ensure that the 2,500 documents were regularly reviewed and updated.
• Process manager accountable for modernizing technical services within the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices framework to align technical operations with the needs of the business.
• Instituted a global framework for the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI), metrics, analytics, scorecards, and Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Operating Level Agreements (OLA).
• Supervised projects establishing international corporate locations in China and Germany. Supported transition with on-site system administration, providing technical training and support for administrators and legal staff.
Implement and develop business, financial, and technical processes designed around the specific needs of business-class and nonprofit clients. Deliver essential support in the areas of accounting, business development, financial controlling, marketing, social media optimization, technical support, maintenance, training, system auditing, security safeguarding, and disaster recovery preparation. Adjunct business and technology instructor at Georgia Southern University, West Virginia Northern Community College, and West Virginia University; lab assistant at Pittsburgh Technical College.
Daniel Jenkins, MBA — www.danielzjenkins.com